Friday, October 26, 2007

Latest ghostly visits

Last weekend, my friends and I walked through one of the larger and older cemeteries on Cincinnati's westside. We walked several acres of the cemetery hoping to pick up an EVP of even maybe a photograph that might indicate someone was with us.

It was an afternoon walk - breezy, bright sunny day. I recorded about an hour's worth of our walk and was disappointed in not picking anything up. I cannot rule out that something was not recorded but because there was the sound of the wind and crunching leaves under my feet as I walked, it was very difficult to pick up anything other than the sounds of us talking to each other. I did stop from time to time and asked if someone was willing to speak to us so I could avoid the other background noise that I knew would be present. Still no luck. It is worth mentioning that I'm using software on my PC to listen to the digital sound files and I have a Pioneer "Can" headset (envelopes the entire ear) so I am really able to hear most sounds if there are any.

We all used digital cameras that day and to this point my images didn't display anything unusual. I did have what some people would refer to as an "orb" appear in one photograph but I have a hard time giving any credence to "orbs" because they look too much like a light reflections from a camera lens. Orbs are circular transparent light images. We have all probably seen these in our photographs from time to time especially when shooting with bright sunlight or with a bright flash.

This weekend I will take a solo journey to a 55 year old nursing home in Western Kentucky. It is a place that I have visited for the last 24 years. (now I am feeling old) I am very familiar with the environment and know all of the "nooks and crannies" of the building. My mother and I will only be down there for one day but I am going to take my digital recorder (DR) with me and perhaps a compass, just to see if I can pick up anything. My hopes are not high on this one because I will not be able to spend the night here. I would prefer to walk the halls during the night while everyone is sleeping and there is far less activity than there would be during the day.

However, I do know areas for which I could go that will be a bit more quiet than the rest of the building. So my plan is to just sit and observe for a few minutes - and keep my questions to a minimum. In the years that I have been going to this nursing home, I have seen many "characters" who have lived there and I think they would be the types of souls that would linger at this home - just because they loved it there. It is an opportunity that I won't pass up.

Til next time...........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun~!