Sunday, October 28, 2007

Weekend update

I was able to record three separate sessions this past weekend as I visited with relatives out of town. One session was recorded at the nursing home where I spent most of the day, the 2nd was recorded at a grave site visit of an old departed friend and the last session was recorded in the cemetery where a young woman was murdered four and a half years ago. In all three sessions, I was very familiar with each subject. In the last session, I had the opportunity to be with the mother of the woman who was murdered at the location in the cemetery. We have been friends for many many years and I was surprised with her ease in discussing this tragedy.

Ok....as far as the EVP sessions. I had success with one of them this weekend. Much to my disappointment both cemetery visits yielded no unexplained voices or conversations. My three and a half minute session inside the nursing home however gave me one EVP that I could not explain away.

My session in the nursing home was brief. The room (sun porch) was very quiet but could be quite "echoey" if you spoke too loudly since the room was linoleum, brick and windows. The nearest person to me at 7:05 am was a housekeeper two rooms away. Everyone else was either at church service or at breakfast. I was completely alone in this room and there was no heating unit turned on nor were there any electronic devices (tv or radio) on in this room or nearby rooms.

Speaking in hush tones, as to not alarm the housekeeper who could have easily heard me in this room, I requested communication with anyone who wanted to speak to me. In the following .wav file, you will first hear me whispering followed by the noises from the housekeeper tidying up the room two doors down. My DR was set on the highest sensitivity so it would pick up absolutely everything that was happening. The recording is 35 seconds long and the EVP occurs at the 32 second mark. It is best heard with a headset. I will disclose what I heard in a paragraph following the actual wave file so you can come to your own conclusion.

http://www.archive.org/download/CH_EVP_102707/sunporch_102706.wav

I only hear one word on this recording at the 32 mark. I consider it to be a Class A EVP - meaning it doesn't take a whole lot of guessing to understand what is being said. I hear the word "tension". I listened very closely to ensure I wasn't hearing "Attention". Not sure if this means my presence was an irritation to their permanent retirement at this home or what but I do hear a distinct voice.

It looks as though my friends and I will have future opportunities to go back to this location if we decide to pursue in-depth investigation. More opportunities at the nursing home and at the cemetery location are open to us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where's Daily Spirit on this one? I would be very curious to hear what his/her opinion.